Coming to Sydney, from October 29th to November 2nd the Conference will provide a unique platform to debate, discuss and critique policy approaches, practice and research in relation to migration. At a time when migration and its place in the body politic is at a critical inflection point, Metropolis 2018 is set to generate global interest and influence.
Join over 750 Australian and international experts, academia, business leaders, government, key decision makers and community organisations that are expected to attend Metropolis 2018. The Conference will facilitate dialogue and critical conversations for a broad global debate and shifts in policy approaches.
The theme for this year’s Conference is Global Migration in Turbulent Times; with a focus on the following eight sub-themes:
- Enterprise, Innovation and Employment – catalysts for social change?
- Migration and Mobility – the dynamic shifts in the Asia-Pacific region
- Displacement and asylum – new dimensions driving an old phenomenon
- Visible and powerful – migrant voices in a connected world
- Conflicting agendas? National, local, regional and global responses to the governance of migration
- Religious diversity – a bridge or a barrier to belonging?
- Migration and inequality – complex challenges under the microscope
- Australia a multicultural paradise – myths and realities
for more information click here.